Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Wrinkle in Time

Yesterday was 7 months. How can that possibly be? Where have these 7 months gone? What have I been doing? Sleepwalking?

So, 7 months have passed? What does that mean? To some, it may mean that I should be "moving on", "feeling better", "talking about something else", "not so sad anymore". To me it seems like yesterday. I have replayed that terrible tragedy over and over and over. Everyday for 216 days. With this on replay, how can I "move forward"?

What can I say that I have done with this time? I have managed. Somehow. I wake up and get out of bed, I brush my teeth, I eat what I can and I go to work.

Its not how it used to be. I'm not who I used to be. Will I ever be? In some way I hope not. This is sad. But this is real. Avery lived with us for 10 beautiful months and now he is dead.


No comments:

Post a Comment